Karen sizes collars very precisely, based on
the measurements you provide.
For the best fit, it is important
to measure accurately.
Karen makes the collars larger than the measurements you
so please don't "fudge" the measurements!
The diagram below illustrates where to
measure your dog.
There are some important tips below the diagram.
- It's best to use a cloth measuring tape.
- Measure the circumference in the middle of the neck.
- Measure the neck with the dog standing up with its head straight.
- Take 2 or 3 measurements to be sure you are measuring consistently.
- Use the actual measurements without "fudging" -- Karen relies on
getting the actual measurements. (For example, she makes Greyhound
collars 1 7/8" larger than the neck measurement you provide.)
- For all breeds except standard Greyhounds, Karen also needs a head
measurement (circumference) taken at the largest part of the head.
- If you have a Greyhound or a Whippet, please check the size guides
Your dog may differ from the averages, but it
should be fairly close.
For full-sized Greyhounds, please see also
Guide to Greyhound Collar Sizes.
For Whippets, please see also
Guide to Whippet Collar Sizes.
Collar Description |
Copyright © 1998-2001, Karen's Kollars
4 Jul 2001