Karen sizes collars very precisely, based on the measurements you provide.
For the best fit, it is important to measure accurately.
Karen makes the collars larger than the measurements you provide,
so please don't "fudge" the measurements!
The diagram below illustrates where to measure your dog.
There are some important tips below the diagram.
- It's best to use a cloth measuring tape.
- Measure the circumference in the middle of the neck.
- Measure the neck with the dog standing up with its head straight.
- Take 2 or 3 measurements to be sure you are measuring consistently.
- Use the actual measurements without "fudging" -- Karen relies on getting the actual measurements. (For example, she makes Greyhound collars 1 7/8" larger than the neck measurement you provide.)
- For all breeds except standard Greyhounds, Karen also needs a head measurement (circumference) taken at the largest part of the head.
- If you have a Greyhound or a Whippet, please check the size guides (links below).
Your dog may differ from the averages, but it should be fairly close.
For full-sized Greyhounds, please see also Guide to Greyhound Collar Sizes.
For Whippets, please see also Guide to Whippet Collar Sizes.
Collar Description | Contact Karen
Copyright © 1998-2019, Karen's Kollars
Last updated: 4 Jul 2001